Peonies on Craig's List

May 24, 2008

I put an ad on Craig's list asking if anyone would be willing to part with their *mature* peony plants and wouldn't mind splitting them. (Doing this can traumatize them for 1-2 years and won't bloom). I found a lady who was actually selling her plants about 45 minutes from our house. We went there this morning and brought home this baby! This lady had huge mature tall plants of all kinds covering her property. I wish I had brought my camera because her property was filled with everything under the sun! Everything grew so nicely there.

This plant is about 4 feet tall and wide. She showed me where I could split them and make 20 plants out of it easily. *NOTE* This not a good time to do this to peonies, but we took a chance. They just might not bloom next year, but it's a very established plant so it should be okay as long as I take care of it this summer.



She also threw in some Siberian Irises which are amazing as a group. I can't wait to see these next year when they triple in size.

No comments:

LinkedIn

Related Posts with Thumbnails