"Bright Eyes" Phlox - perennial
"Queen Mix" Cleome - reseeding annual
"Blue Buckle" Penstemon - perennial
"Jethrow Tull" Tickseed - perennial
(far left to right) - ornamental grass, irises, coneflower, penstemon, delphinium, myotosis, tickseed, phlox, irises (empty bald spot), mint (in lattice), hostas.

I'm working towards plants that will spread and grow tall and bushy with little maintenance (in my dreams!) to fill in large spaces around the deck. I see Phlox and Cleome in gardening magazines a lot and I really like the way they look in large masses. I only wish I could speed up time (or buy mature plants) so I can see what they will look like. I always stare at my garden bed imagining what it might look like next year and hope to the garden gods that they will grow in the bare spaces I want them to.
Phlox - These look really pretty in large masses. I hope it spreads each year.

Cleome - Also known as spider flower. I like the cloud like spikey blooms they have. Next year I'll know better to purchase the seeds instead of buying a plant. There is only one long lasting flower per stem/plant.

Delphinium - This flower started out violet and is now blue. It stands very tall and sturdy.

Penstemon - Pretty purple flowers. New to the nursery, I thought I would give this one a shot.

Tickseed - This is a much prettier version of a black-eyed-Susan in my opinion. They don't have the large dark spot in the middle and their petals are fluted. I would definitely want more of this.



No comments:
Post a Comment